I saw this on A Dreamer’s Library’s blog, and snagged it for a tag. Let’s see how this year has gone so far!
1. Best Book You’ve Read For the First Time In 2017?
- Court of Fives and Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott,
- Shrill by Lindy West,
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate,
- Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede,
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia,
- Between the World and Me by Ta-nehisi Coates,
- A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers,
- 1491 by Charles Mann,
- Lost Stars by Claudia Grey,
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin.
2. Best Sequel of 2017 So Far? A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To.
- The Dastardly Miss Lizzie by Viola Carr,
- A Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh,
- The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein,
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire,
- The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine, and
- The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis.
4. Most Anticipated Release Of The Second Half Of 2017?
- The Mech Who Loved Me by Bec McMaster,
- The Dire King by William Ritter,
- Buried Heart by Kate Elliott,
- Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray,
- Romancing the Werewolf by Gail Carriger, and
- The Blacksmith’s book by Meljean Brook (if it’s still coming out???)
5. Biggest Disappointment? Monstress by Majorie Lui
6. Biggest Surprise?
7. Favorite New Author (Debut Or New To You): Kate Elliott.
8. Newest Fictional Crush? Lindy West (authorial crush, because she’s a real lady) Ok, ok, I don’r really have fictional crushes, but I really like Vikram from A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi. He’s such a great example of a healthy relationship boy! More of that please!
10. Book That Made You Cry? Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
11. Book That Made You Happy? As You Wish by Cary Elwes
12. Favorite Reread This Year.
13. Most Beautiful Book You Bought Or Received So Far This Year.
14. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End Of The Year? I purchased all of these before 2016, so they have got to hit the road and get off my kindle by the end of the year.
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han,
- All the Paths of Shadow by Frank Tuttle, and
- Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel