I saw Ashley Kress do this book tag, and it looked kind of fun, so here we go guys!
1. What was the last book you marked as ‘read’? Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
3. What was the last book you marked as ‘to read’? The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
5. Do you use the star rating system? Yes. Fives = I love! Fours=Solid and well-done, but didn’t hit me in the heart. Threes=Decent effort, but was weak in some areas. Twos=Not good. One=It gave me anger.
6. Are you doing a 2017 reading challenge? Yep, I’ve set it at 40 books, because I don’t want to feel stressed out by the challenge.
7. Do you have a wishlist? No. I mean I have lists of books I plan to read and plan to buy, but not a wishlist.
8. What book do you plan to buy next? The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I’m not sure when, but this is a book that is getting good reviews and one I want to support with my dollars.
9. Do you have any favorite quotes, would you like to share a few?
― L.M. Montgomery,
― Ta-Nehisi Coates,
I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth.
I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.”
― Caitlyn Siehl,
― Louisa May Alcott,
“If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.”
― Jane Austen,
does not mean
there is beauty in me
it means there is beauty rooted
so deep within you
you can’t help but
see it everywhere”
― Rupi Kaur,
The Nature of This Flower Is to Bloom.
Against the Elemental Crush.
A Song of Color
For Deserving Eyes.
For its Self.
-Alice Walker, Revolutionary Petunias
10. Who are your favorite authors? Umm, so many. Currently, off the top of my head: Robin LaFevers, Becky Chambers, Kate Elliott (maybe?), Bec McMaster, Zadie Smith, Patricia C. Wrede, Marissa Meyer, J.K. Rowling, Marie Rutkoski, Maggie Stiefvater, Y.S. Lee, Genevieve Valentine, Marie Brennan, Leigh Bardugo, Libba Bray, L.M. Montgomery, Rae Carson, Rachel Hartman, Catherynne M. Valente, Gail Carriger, Sabaa Tahir, Diana Wynne Jones, Thomas King, Rupi Kaur.
11. Have you joined any groups? Monthly Recommendations, Read-alongs with Marines, and Our Shared Shelf.
12. How many shelves to do you have on Goodreads? 35. Whoa.